According to SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges), a QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan) is a document that:
- Includes a process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment
- Focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution,
- Demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP,
- Includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP, and
- Identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.