Lubbock Christian University

Student Life

The Lubbock Christian University Division of Student Life exists to deepen the sense of community, inspire Christ-like development, and foster student growth with high quality services and programs throughout the student experience.

Address and Name Changes

Students are responsible for maintaining current and accurate information in the computer system. Name and address changes should be communicated to the Registrar's Office.

On-campus students moving off campus must also fill out a change of address at the LCU Post Office.

Athletic Events

All LCU athletic teams are competitive nationally and current students with an LCU ID card are admitted free to all regular season home events. The volleyball and basketball teams play inside the Rip Griffin Center on the southeast corner of campus. On the south end of campus, the baseball team can be seen at Hay's Field, the softball team can be seen at PlainsCapital Park, while the men's and women's soccer teams can be seen at the LCU soccer field located on the western edge of campus. The LCU cross country teams compete at the LCU cross country course located on the southwest corner of campus. Visit or check the LCU Chap app for game schedules.

Campus Announcements

LCU student announcements can be viewed via email and online at ChapLink. To submit an announcement, go to ChapLink.  There is a 9 a.m. deadline for same day chapel announcements. Live campus announcements will be read on Monday and Thursday of each week.

Cashing a Check

Checks can be cashed in the Student Business Office in the F.W. Mattox Administration Building. Checks for more than $50 are subject to approval. A service charge will be assessed for all checks cashed. LCU is not able to cash third party checks. 

Counseling Center

The collegiate experience is one of new development and substantial growth for students. New choices, challenges, and decisions abound, and while it can be stimulating and exciting, it can also be a time of adjustment, stress, and confusion.

The Counseling Center is committed to providing counseling services for Lubbock Christian University students, faculty, staff, and dependents. The challenges of college sometimes manifest themselves outwardly through emotional outbursts, substantial weight gain or loss, depression, anxiety, or irregular sleep patterns. Since few students move through their collegiate experience without some personal upheaval, the university encourages any student experiencing discomfort to utilize the services of the Counseling Center.

Anyone seeking counseling services is entitled to an intake or consultation counseling session free of charge. After the initial session, each subsequent session will be $10 each. Payment can be made with cash, check, or credit/debit card. The Counseling Center does not accept insurance. The staff of the Counseling Center may suggest or make referrals for circumstances that require intensive, long-term care. The client will be financially responsible for any outside help, referred or otherwise. The Counseling Center staff adheres to the ethical standards of their respective professions and to state and federal laws relating to confidentiality.

The Counseling Center is located on the 2nd floor of the SUB, Room 202. Appointments are the best way to see a counselor. Walk-ins are accommodated when possible. For more information, please check the LCU Counseling Center website or call 806.720.7478.

Dining Services

Students may purchase a Dining Membership or Munch Money through the Student Business Office in the Administration Building. All traditional campus residents living in residence halls have a Dining Membership as part of their room and board. Commuter and non-traditional students who are looking for value and convenience can also enroll in a Dining Membership. Meals are loaded on the LCU student ID card, and must be presented for meals and swiped at the register.  Munch Money spends like cash at the Cafeteria, Chap Express, Starbucks, and Rhodes Perrin Recreation Center, as well as for concessions at the RIP Griffin Center and Hayes Field. Individual meals may also be purchased from the cashier in the Cafeteria. Requests for carry-out containers or sack lunches, as well as for accommodation of special dietary needs, should be made to the Cafeteria manager.

Munch Money and Block Plan Memberships carry over from the Fall semester to the Spring. The account will be zeroed out if not used by the end of the Spring semester. Please visit the LCU Dining Services for current meal plan membership options, menus, and hours of operation.

Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted at all dining locations on campus.

Email, Network Access, and Support

Logging on to the network

Logon ID is:

  • First initial of first name
  • Last name
  • Last four digits of LCU ID number

Your default password is:

  • First initial of first name, capitalized
  • First initial of last name, initial lower case
  • Dollar ($) sign
  • Last four digits of your Social Security Number
  • Place an ! after the last four digits of your Social Security Number
  • *International students: Use birth year
  • Example: Jd$1234!

This is a secure password, but we do RECOMMEND that you CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD during your first login. Your password will automatically expire every 90 days. A strong password will be at least eight characters long and include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one special character, and one number. 

To change the password for your LCU email, follow these steps:

  • Log into LCU email with default password
    Example: Jd$1234!
  • Once logged in, go to Settings and select Options
  • From the Account tab, select the link on the right hand side of the screen that says “change password”
  • On this page, there are instructions on how to complete changing the password

Lubbock Christian University’s official means of communication is through the LCU email account that is provided to students.


Text 806.928.7974 or Phone 806.720.7100

Contact ChapDesk to receive these services FREE of charge

  • Microsoft Office (PC & Mac versions available)
  • Other Microsoft software
  • Antivirus software
  • Anti-malware software
  • Virus removal
  • Malware removal
  • Transferring of files from old hard drive
  • Hardware installation (student-purchased)
  • Software installation
  • Diagnosing hardware failure
  • Overall troubleshooting of computer system
  • Email setup on phones, iPads, and other mobile devices

Fall and Spring Office Hours

Monday-Thursday  8 a.m.-midnight
Friday  8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday  2 p.m.-midnight

*Summer Office Hours coincide with the Library hours.


Students can access many parts of LCU's network through ChapLink. Webmail, announcements, chapel absences, online bill pay, financial status, help files, and much more are all available and easy to access. You will need your LCU Network logon to access certain portions of ChapLink.

If you have questions, call 806.720.7100 for help.


Your LCU Webmail is accessed through, or ChapLink. On the Chaplink home page, click Webmail at the bottom of the page.

Username: The same as your network with the addition of example:
Password: The password is the same as your network password.  example:  Jd$1234!


  • All students will need a new student id.
  • To print, you will need to log into to upload your documents and select Color or Black and White.
  • To obtain your print job, you will need to go to the printer you selected and tap your student id on the designated area. 

**all documentation on printing can be found on the student Help Site - StudentChapDeskHelp-Home (

Digital Storage

  • Log on to
  • Choose the One Drive tile.
  • Your LCU Student One Drive can also be accessed inside certain versions of software packages, i.e. Office 2016.
  • To exit, click on the close button in the upper right corner at the top of the window.

Your use of university email and university technology services may result in university personnel becoming aware of your computer and internet activity. Should any activity be discovered, which constitutes a violation of the student handbook or state and federal law, the university reserves the right to take appropriate action.

All university email, file storage, and logon credentials are subject to termination after 180 days of non-enrollment. Students are encouraged to transition all necessary electronic files to a personal account.


Financial Assistance

If a student’s financial aid application is complete, but admission requirements have not been met, then financial aid will not be applied to the student's bill until the admissions process is complete.

If financial aid is complete and a student has a credit on their account, the refund will be issued by the Student Business Office. Please note the dates on the calendar when excess funds will be available.

Further inquiries about financial aid can be directed to Financial Assistance in the Cardwell Welcome Center.

For questions regarding class drops, withdrawals, class repeats, and financial assistance eligibility, students should refer to the Undergraduate Academic Policies or Graduate Academic Polices in the catalog, or visit the Financial Assistance Office.

Upon enrollment, LCU must provide each student written notice advising them of the penalties for drug violations under The Higher Education Act (Title IV, Section 485 (k)). Suspension of eligibility applies only to federal aid and all other aid is subject to LCU policies.

Section 484(r)

  • (1) IN GENERAL—A student who has been convicted of any offense under any Federal or State law involving the possession or sale of a controlled substance shall not be eligible to receive any grant, loan, or work assistance under this title during the period beginning on the date of such conviction and ending after the interval specified in the following table:

If convicted of an offense involving:

  • The possession of a controlled substance: Ineligibility period is:
    • First offense 1 year
    • Second offense 2 years
    • Third offense Indefinite
  • The sale of a controlled substance: Ineligibility period is:
    • First offense 2 years
    • Second offense Indefinite

LCU ID Cards

Students are issued an official LCU ID card at the beginning of each academic year. ID’s are issued in the Student Life Office on the second floor of the SUB. Students receive one free ID card per year. There is a $10 replacement fee for lost ID cards.

Students are required to carry their ID card with them at all times and to present the card to any university official upon request. Students failing to render an ID card upon request, using an ID card of another student, allowing an ID card to be used by another student, or falsifying information used for identification purposes will be subject to disciplinary action.

The LCU ID card must be returned to Student Life when a student withdraws, is suspended, or is dismissed from the university.

LCU Ring Tradition

The LCU Ring Tradition exists to provide alumni with a lasting, visual reminder of their time at Lubbock Christian University. 

The ring tells our story. Each ring reminds us of who we are and symbolizes the things that make our connection to LCU so strong.  On the top is a cross, which represents Jesus.  As each graduate leaves and enters the world, the cross represents how you will shine the light of Jesus in your daily activities.  Like the points on a compass, the outer points of the cross represent the different paths and directions each graduate pursues upon graduation.  The center of the cross symbolizes what reunites graduates as well as emphasizes our shared LCU experiences and foundation of faith.

One side of the ring represents the school's transition from Lubbock Christian College to Lubbock Christian University.  The brick pattern in the background symbolizes buildings throughout the campus.  The word Chaps is beneath the letters LCC and LCU to remind us of our mascot.  On the other side, the ring displays a representation of LCU's most prominent building, the Christian Development Center (CDC).  Beneath the CDC is the Chap Scratch.

The ring represents so much more than just the visual symbolism.  It celebrates goal achievement.  It honors the dream that made LCU what it is today.  Finally, it reminds us of the sacrifices of so many to make an LCU education possible. 

At the beginning of each semester, Alumni Relations will host "Ring Days", in which representatives of Balfour, the ring manufacturer, will be available to answer questions about the LCU ring and take orders from qualified students.  Those students who purchase a ring during Ring Days will be invited to participate in the Ring Ceremony. Friends, family, and alumni are encouraged and welcome to attend the ceremony.

Medical Clinic

The LCU Medical Clinic is an outpatient clinic with a full-time physician, a registered nurse, and an administrative assistant. The clinic is located on the second floor of the Mabee Student Life Building (SUB). Treatment is available for acute illnesses and minor injuries, and maintenance therapy is available for certain chronic health conditions. All current LCU students who have paid the required health services fee (per semester) are eligible to utilize these services. There is a $10 charge to see the physician, and there may be additional small fees for procedures, supplies, or medications. The nurse may be seen free of charge. Students have the option of billing any clinic fees to their student account (only allowed during the first few weeks of each semester, before student accounts are due).  Payments with cash, check or credit/debit card are always accepted.  The clinic does not accept insurance.  

Appointments are the best way to see the physician. Walk-ins are accommodated when possible. Call 806.720.7482 to schedule an appointment. Same day appointments are usually available. The clinic is open Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. It is closed evenings, weekends, and university holidays. Office hours in the summer are reduced (open at 9 a.m. close at 4 p.m., closed on Friday afternoon), and the clinic is also closed the month of July. The clinic staff is not available after hours. Students should go to an urgent care clinic or emergency room if medical attention is needed when the clinic is closed. If there is an emergency, call 911, then notify LCU Public Safety- 806.928.6803 


Effective January 1, 2012, the meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine is now required by state law for ALL enrolled students attending a university in the state of Texas, with limited exceptions. This vaccine must have been administered at least ten days prior to the first day of the semester of the student’s initial enrollment, but no more than 5 years prior to the first day of the semester. Students who have not provided the necessary documentation will not be allowed to attend class. Further details are available.

Texas law also requires that all newly enrolled college students, including transfers and readmits, be provided with information regarding meningococcal disease. Bacterial meningitis is a serious, potentially deadly disease that can progress very quickly. It is an inflammation of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord. The bacteria that cause meningitis can also infect the blood. This disease strikes about 3,000 Americans each year, including 100-125 on college campuses, leading to 5-15 deaths among college students every year.

What are the symptoms?

  • High fever
  • Stiff neck
  • Light sensitivity
  • Confusion/Sleepiness
  • Nausea/Vomiting
  • Lethargy
  • Severe headache
  • Rash or purple patches on skin
  • Seizures

The more symptoms, the higher the risk, so if these symptoms appear, seek immediate medical attention.

How is meningitis diagnosed?

  • Diagnosis is made by a medical provider and is usually based on a combination of clinical symptoms and laboratory results from spinal fluid and blood tests.
  • Early diagnosis and treatment can greatly improve the likelihood of recovery.

How is meningitis spread?

  • The disease is transmitted when people exchange saliva (such as by kissing, or by sharing drinking containers, utensils, cigarettes, toothbrushes, etc.) or come in contact with respiratory or throat secretions.
  • Coming into close contact with carriers, sharing such items as drinking glasses, and even kissing are ways of spreading and/or becoming infected with the disease.
  • Examples of such carriers would be roommates, close friends, or classmates in a relatively small classroom. Because of these factors, students at institutions of higher education are considered to be at increased risk.

What are the risks of meningitis?

  • Death (in 8 to 24 hours from perfectly healthy to dead)
  • Permanent brain damage
  • Kidney failure
  • Learning disability
  • Hearing loss, blindness
  • Limb damage (fingers, toes, arms, legs) that requires amputation
  • Multiple other medical problems

What can I do?

-Antibiotic treatment, if received early, can save lives and increase chances of recovery; however, permanent disability or death can still occur.
-Meningococcal vaccination is available to help prevent the disease. The vaccine:

  • is effective against four out of the five most common bacterial types that cause 70% of the cases in the U.S. (but does not protect against all types of meningitis).
  • takes 7-10 days to become effective, with protection lasting 3-5 years.
  • is very safe—the most common side effects are redness and minor pain at the injection site for up to two days.
  • is commonly available at many pharmacies and doctors’ offices, and often covered by health insurance plans at little or no cost.

For additional information on meningitis:

  • Contact your primary care provider
  • Contact the LCU Medical Clinic at 806.720.7482
  • Contact the City of Lubbock Health Department (806.775.2933) or the Texas Department of State Health Services (888.963.7111)
  • Visit these websites: and


The objective of the policy is to ensure LCU maintains an orderly appearance appropriate to a university campus while providing members of the greater university community with a maximum of publicity outlets. Cooperation is essential to creating an attractive and pleasant environment for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors.

The Student Life Office must authorize all materials before they may be posted on campus. All individuals and organizations must have approval before posting signs, notices, flyers, banners, and announcements, including sidewalk chalk and chap decorations. Postings can be approved in the Student Life Office, which is located on the second floor of the SUB. All material must bear the official LCU stamp before being posted or distributed. The stamp may not be copied or reproduced. Materials must be submitted at least 4 days prior to the desired post date and must be limited to fifteen copies. All material must be in line with the university mission and goals and not violate any aspect of the university policy and procedures. All efforts will be made to ensure individuals are provided an opportunity to promote events and ideas. The Student Life Office retains the right to deny any individual the right to post materials.

All employment flyers must be approved and stamped through Career Services located in the Cardwell Welcome Center. Employment postings may be posted on designated employment bulletin boards.
See Career Services for additional information.

Postings are not allowed on glass and painted surfaces on campus, and may not be posted in the McDonald-Moody Auditorium. Postings not approved or posted in prohibited areas may be removed without warning. Many campus buildings have designated boards for campus postings.

Post Office

Campus post office boxes are given to campus residents only. Students need to go to Chaparral Mail, located in the SUB, during registration or the first week of school in order to set up their mailbox.  Students are responsible for checking their mailboxes each school day as all campus business is transacted through the university mail system and email. Normal hours of operation are 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Friday's.  Summer hours are posted. Mail addressed to students from off campus should be addressed in the following manner:

Name of Student
5601 19th Street
LCU Box ______
Lubbock, TX 79407

Residential Life and Student Housing

Full-time, single, and undergraduate students who have been out of high school fewer than four long semesters (2 years), are required to live in campus housing. Students may submit a petition to live off campus if they meet one of the following criteria:

  • The student lives with an adult member of his/her immediate family (Immediate family is defined as a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, legal guardian, or sibling who is 21 or older.)
  • Medical reasons for which documentation can be provided and which cannot be met by alternative campus housing options.

A petition to live off campus must be submitted every fall and spring semester until the student has been out of high school for four long semesters (2 years). Part-time students are allowed to live in campus housing only as space permits. Financial hardships are not considered as possible exemptions to the campus housing policy.

There are multiple housing facilities available on the campus of Lubbock Christian University. They are listed below.

  • Katie Rogers Hall: all-female housing, for students of all classifications
  • Courtyard apartments: all-female housing, available to juniors and seniors (sophomores may apply if room is available.)
  • Johnson Hall: all-male housing, for students of all classifications
  • Rec Center: male and female housing, available to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
  • Mabee Hall: all-male housing, available to juniors and seniors (sophomores may apply if room is available.)
  • Apartments: 1, 2, and 4 bedroom units are reserved for students who have been out of high school four long semesters (or 2 years), are 20 years of age or older, and/or for married couples with no children

*Please see the Residential Life Guide on the LCU website for further information. The Residential Life Office is located on the second floor of the SUB and can be reached by calling 806.720.7507.

Recreational Life

The Rhodes-Perrin Recreation Center (RPRC) is located on the south end of campus.  All students working towards a degree plan have full access to the RPRC; excludes temporary or dual-credit students.  Nursing partnership students may enroll in a zero (0) credit course to obtain access.  All current, non-contract employees are granted access to the RPRC.  Memberships may be purchased for those non qualifying students.  Participants wishing to enter the facility must present a LCU ID card to gain access. 

The RPRC offers basketball/volleyball courts, handball/racquetball courts, a futsal court, locker rooms, fitness center, group fitness room, intramurals, and a rock wall.  Posted hours are available on the LCU Rec Life website.  LCU does not carry health, accident, or life insurance on its students. Students participate at their own risk and assume full responsibility for any injuries. Local insurance information is available in the Student Life office. For additional information please call 806.720.7860 or email us at

Fitness Center/Group Fitness

The Ramona Perrin Fitness Center is equipped with Cybex weight machines, free weights, and Matrix cardio equipment. With state-of-the-art strength and cardio equipment, we offer a separate free weight area, 15-piece selectorized weight circuit, and 25 cardio machines with amenities. 

Group fitness classes are offered throughout the day. Various classes are offered such as spinning, Zumba, and yoga. Classes are first come, first served, no registration required. Posted hours and class schedules are available on the LCU Rec Life website. LCU does not carry health, accident, or life insurance on its students. Students assume full responsibility for any injuries received while participating in such activities, and participation is at the students own risk. Students assume full responsibility to provide their own health, accident, and life insurance. For additional information please call 806.720.7860 or email us at

Intramural Sports

Intramurals provide all students the opportunity to participate in a variety of individual and team sports played in the fall and spring semesters. Intramural sports may include 7-on-7 flag football, futsal, volleyball, basketball, softball, outdoor soccer, ultimate Frisbee, dodge ball, badminton, and ping pong. Registration meetings are scheduled prior to each sport.

Students registered for 3+ credit hours, full-time faculty, or full-time staff may participate in intramurals. A current LCU ID card should be presented prior to each game. Students participating in intramurals must be in good academic and chapel standing.

LCU does not carry health, accident, or life insurance on its students. Students assume full responsibility for any injuries received while participating in such activities, and participation is at the students own risk. Students assume full responsibility to provide their own health, accident, and life insurance. For additional information please call 806.720.7860 or email us at

Rock Wall

Experience the culture of rock climbing at one of the tallest stand-alone rock walls in the state.  We offer two tier training that will help prepare you for the rock wall experience. Our rock wall holds 3 auto-belays, 16 top-rope anchors and 25 routes of varying difficulty. With fresh routes put up regularly, and specially trained staff there to assist you, the rock wall promises to be an epic adventure for any skill level.

LCU does not carry health, accident, or life insurance on its students. Students assume full responsibility for any injuries received while participating in such activities, and participation is at the students own risk. Students assume full responsibility to provide their own health, accident, and life insurance. For additional information please call 806.720.7860 or email us at

LCU Public Safety

LCU Public Safety operates 24 hours a day. The 24/7 patrol number is 806.928.6803. For emergencies, call 911.

Emergency Assistance

For emergencies, life-threatening, or potential life-threatening situations, call 911.

Non-Emergency Police Assistance

Non-Emergency Police Officer assistance to report a crime may be reached by calling the Lubbock Police Department Dispatch at 806.775.2865. Dispatchers will assist by dispatching a Lubbock Christian University Police Officer or Lubbock Police Officer.

Non-Emergency Campus Assistance

LCU Public Safety may be contacted 24-hours a day by calling 806.928.6803.  


The LCU Public Safety administrative office is located on the second floor of the SUB. The office does not have fixed office hours, but assistance is available by calling 806.928.6803. Administrative services are also available in the Student Life Office during regular LCU business hours.

  • Motorist assist (boosts and air)
  • Escorts to and from locations
  • Parking Services (parking permits)
  • Crime prevention and awareness
  • Investigation of crimes and incidents that occur on campus
  • Lost and Found

Reporting an Incident or Crime 

The Lubbock Christian University Police Department (LCUPD) encourages accurate and prompt reporting of all criminal offenses.
To report an non-criminal incident or suspicious activities, please call 806.928.6803

To report a crime, please call Lubbock Police Department Dispatch at 806.775.2865.
Emergencies should always be reported by dialing 911.

The Department of Public Safety responds to all reports of crimes and/or emergencies that occur on-campus or within a campus controlled, owned, operated, and/or recognized facility, building, residence hall, or area. Public Safety personnel also have the ability to notify Lubbock Christian University dispatchers of emergency situations occurring on-campus. This system allows Public Safety to summon assistance from emergency responders if deemed necessary and appropriate. \ Incidents occurring on-campus, within residence halls or non-campus buildings, or on recognized private property adjacent to or contiguous to University owned, controlled, operated, or recognized facilities, buildings, or areas are documented and processed for further investigation and review by the LCU Police Department and/or the local Lubbock Police Department depending upon the nature of the crime or emergency. The Public Safety Patrol number (806.928.6803) is managed 24hrs a day/7 days a week. This number is available to obtain information or request any public safety or safety escort services.

Additional information obtained via any investigation will also be forwarded to Director of Public Safety. If assistance is required from the local Lubbock Police Department or Lubbock Fire and Rescue, DPS will contact the appropriate unit. If a sexual assault or rape should occur on campus, staff on scene, including DPS, will offer the victim a wide variety of services. This publication contains information about on and off campus resources and is made available to the Lubbock Christian University community. The information regarding “resources” is not provided to infer that those resources are “crime reporting entities” for Lubbock Christian University. Crimes should be reported to DPS to ensure inclusion in the annual crime statistics and to aid in providing timely warning Campus Safety Alert notices to the community, when appropriate. For example, a crime that was reported only to the Lubbock Christian University counseling center would not be known to DPS, a campus security authority (CSA), or other University official.

Lubbock Christian University does not have a policy or practice in place that allows for victims or witnesses to officially report crimes on a voluntary, confidential basis. Crimes reported to the counseling center are confidential and not disclosed in the College’s crime statistics or reporting processes.

Sex Offender Registry

The "Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act" (section 1601 of Public Law 106-386) is a federal law enacted on October 28, 2000 that provides for the tracking of convicted, registered sex offenders enrolled as students at institutions of higher education, or working or volunteering on campus. It was sponsored by U.S. Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona and supported by Security On Campus Inc.

The Act amends the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act to require sex offenders already required to register in a state to provide notice, as required under state law, of each institution of higher education in that state at which the person is employed, carries on a vocation, or is a student. It requires that state procedures ensure that this registration information is promptly made available to law enforcement agencies with jurisdiction where the institutions of higher education are located and that it is entered into appropriate state records or data systems. These changes took effect October 28, 2002. These requirements are tied to state eligibility for certain types of federal grant funding and must be implemented through state law.

It also amends the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act; to require institutions of higher education to issue a statement, in addition to other disclosures required under that Act, advising the campus community where law enforcement agency information provided by a state concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained. These changes took effect October 28, 2002 and this notice will be a requirement beginning with the annual security report due October 1, 2003.

Lastly, the Act amends the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 to clarify that nothing in that Act may be construed to prohibit an educational institution from disclosing information provided to the institution concerning registered sex offenders; and requires the Secretary of Education to take appropriate steps to notify educational institutions that disclosure of this information is permitted. This amendment took effect on October 28, 2000.

Limitations on Campus Housing

In 2017, the Texas Legislature added the following section related to sex offender residence in campus housing (Chapter 62 of the Code of Criminal Procedure):

Art. 62.064. PROHIBITED LOCATION OF RESIDENCE. A person subject to registration under this chapter may not reside on the campus of a public or private institution of higher education unless:
(1) the person is assigned a numeric risk level of one based on an assessment conducted using the sex offender screening tool developed or selected under Article 62.007; and
(2) the institution approves the person to reside on the institution's campus.

Registered Sex Offender Notification

In accordance with the "Campus Sex Crime Prevention Act" that provides for the tracking of convicted registered sex offenders enrolled as students at institutions of higher education or working on college campuses, Lubbock Christian University is providing the following website to the college community to search by name or location: Texas Department of Public Safety.

Once your status on campus has been established (accepted as an LCU student), please contact the LCU Chief of Police to establish a time for registry. You may do so by e-mailing or setting up an appointment within the Student Life Office

Crime Report

The LCU Department of Public Safety publishes the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), which includes information about LCU Public Safety & the Lubbock Christian University Police Department (LCUPD), how to report a crime, LCUPD’s crime prevention programs, substance abuse, sensitive crimes, emergency notifications, timely warnings, and other important information about security and LCU Public Safety’s services on campus. In order to comply, LCU must record all crimes occurring on campus on a yearly basis, in consultation with the Lubbock Police Department, Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, LCU Student Life Office, and other LCU Departments. 

The ASR contains three years of statistics on reported campus or campus-related crimes. A hard copy may be obtained by contacting the LCU Student Life Office during LCU Business hours at 806.720.7501 or by e-mail:

The Clery Act also requires Lubbock Christian University to inform all prospective students and employees about the availability of the ASR. To comply with this aspect of the law, all notices have been placed on various LCU websites and in some cases on LCU materials.

The most current crime report statistics and ASR are available at LCU: Clery Reports.

Emergency Management

LCU maintains an Emergency Operations Plan which outlines LCU's approach to emergency operations. It provides general guidance for emergency management, activities, and a general overview of our methods of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. The plan describes our emergency response, organization, and assigns responsibilities for various emergency tasks.

Emergency Notification (LCUAlert)
In the event of an emergency (including weather and safety alerts), LCU will utilize a number of communication tools and strategies to communicate with the campus community. Depending upon the nature of the announcement, any or all of the following methods may be used:

  • SMS, Text-messaging, voice call, and email alert system - email sign up is automatic, but students are encouraged to update their information on LCU SelfServe as it changes
  • Campus wide phone/intercom messages
  • Chaplink Security Alert Information Updates

LCUAlert will be used for emergency communication only. Students may update their LCUAlert contact information at any time, on LCU SelfServe.  For more information, see the LCU Public Safety Website.

Active Shooter Event
Call 911 as soon as it is safe to do so.
Remember the 3D technique:

  • DISTANCE - yourself or evacuate if there is a safe path.
  • DENY - shooter's access.
  • DEFEND - yourself using any means necessary.

Soft Lockdown

  • Secure exit doors and remain inside
  • Have staff monitor doors
  • Increase awareness and conduct business as usual

Hard Lockdown

  • Lock doors if possible; if not, barricade with tables and chairs
  • Close curtains and blinds
  • Stay away from windows and doors
  • Stay low and quiet
  • Silence all devices
  • Do not open until all is clear

Bomb Threat
If a bomb threat is called in to your area:

  • Remain Calm
  • Listen to the caller’s exact words and instructions
  • Check the caller ID for the number of the caller
  • Keep the caller on the line and discreetly ask someone else to call 911 with the information
  • Remember any unusual or identifying characteristics of the caller

In case of a fire, be prepared by knowing the location of exits and extinguishers.

Minor Fire

  • If the fire is controllable, direct the extinguisher toward the base of the flame and sweep side to side.
  • If there is ANY doubt, pull the fire alarm and call 911.
  • Evacuate the building.

Major Fire

  • Pull the fire alarm.
  • Evacuate the building.
  • Call 911 as soon as it is safe.

Psychological Crisis
A psychological crisis occurs when an individual is threatening harm to himself/herself or to others or is out of touch with reality.

  • Call LCU Public Safety at 806.928.6803 stating you have a potential psychologcial or mental health crisis.
  • Try to keep the person calm and within your vision until assistance arrives.
  • Maintain your own personal safety if you feel the situation is dangerous.
  • If there are obvious medical complications, call 911, and then LCU Public Safety.

Severe Weather
In the event of a Tornado or Severe Weather emergency, LCU Public Safety will issue an alert through LCUAlert. If on campus you will be directed to take cover.

Tornado Watch

  • Be mindful of the weather.
  • Be aware of options.
  • Be ready to move.

Tornado Warning

  • Go to the ground floor.
  • Go to an interior area (like an office or bathroom free of windows).
  • Go now! Don't wait!

As situations and emergencies often arise in an unpredictable manner, LCU recommends you use caution and judgment regarding your personal safety. 

Lost and Found

The Lost and Found is located in the LCU Public Safety Office in the SUB Room 206. Questions may be referred to the Public Safety Patrol number at 806.928.6803 or by emailing

Missing Persons

University missing person procedures apply to students who reside on campus and are deemed missing or absent from LCU for a period of at least 24 hours without a known reason. 


In addition to registering a general emergency contact, all students residing in an on-campus student housing facility have the option to annually identify a contact person or person to be notified if the student is determined to be missing by Lubbock Christian University and/or a law enforcement agency. The contact information will be confidential, accessible only by authorized campus officials and law enforcement and may not be disclosed outside of a missing person investigation.


When a student who resides in an on-campus student housing facility is determined to have been missing for 24-hours, the University will:


  • Notify the person designated by the student to be contacted (if one has been designated) within 24-hours if student is determined to be missing
  • Notify a parent within 24-hours if the student is under 18 years old and is not emancipated
  • Inform the local law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction in the area that the student is missing within 24-hours, unless the local law enforcement agency was the entity that made the determination that the student was missing. Regardless of whether the student has identified a contact person, is above the age of 18, or is an emancipated minor, notification to the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction in the area that the student is missing must be made within 24-hours.


These procedures and registration process are communicated when moving into campus housing and at the beginning of each academic year.  A student who wishes to identify a confidential contact can do so through the Missing Person Contact Form and/or at anytime by notifying the Resident Director in charge of that facility.


If a member of the Lubbock Christian University campus community has reason to believe that a student is missing, they should immediately notify Lubbock Christian University Public Safety at 806.928.6803.

Roller Blades, Skateboards, Hoverboards and Bicycles

Roller blades, skateboards, hoverboards, and bicycles are only permitted on sidewalks and are for outside transportation only. Excessive speed, stunts, tricks, or jumps are prohibited on campus property.

Bicyclists, rollerbladers, and skateboarders are also reminded that sidewalks are primarily utilized by pedestrians; however, they must remain on hard pavements. Tricks, stunts, or jumps are not allowed.

Bicycles are not required to be registered; however, when not in use they must be secured to a cycle rack provided on campus. LCU Public Safety encourages the use of a two-lock locking system with the inclusion of a U-shaped Lock with a thick self-locking cable.

LCU Public Safety encourages owners to register their Bicycles with the department. This may be done by providing a name, contact information, serial number, as well as a picture and/or description of the bicycle.

Traffic and Parking Policy

Students are expected to be familiar with and abide by the regulations set forth in this handbook. LCU Public Safety is responsible for establishing and enforcing guidelines for the use of any parking area on university property that could be used for parking even if not specifically designated for parking. Such areas include, but are not limited to, athletic fields, driveways, loading areas, and lawns.

Students using private vehicles on campus consent to search of the vehicle while on campus and agree to obey city, county, state, and federal traffic laws and regulations. The university does not provide insurance for personal vehicles or their contents.

LCU assumes no responsibility for stolen property or damage to any vehicle or its contents while the vehicle is being operated or parked on campus.

Students must register their vehicles with the LCU Public Safety office each academic year, and display the current parking decal on their vehicles and park in those areas designated for use by their decal. The decal should be placed on the outside of the back window in the lower left corner. For convertibles, the decal needs to be placed in the front window in the lower right corner. Motorcycles are not required to have a parking permit; however, they need to be registered with the LCU Public Safety office. Commuters may contact the office to obtain parking permits for additional vehicles. Students may also pick up parking permits from the Student Life Office.

Parking Fines

  • $20.00 – No valid parking permit; parking where prohibited by sign; parking in an unauthorized area (red curb, blue curb or striped zone); improperly parked in a slot; obstructing traffic
  • $50.00 – Parking in areas marked for handicap parking

Vehicles parked on LCU property without a permit will be issued a ticket. Tickets will be placed on the student account and must be paid in the Student Business Office.

The person in whose name the permit is issued will be held responsible for that vehicle. A parking ticket is not excused on the plea that another person was driving the vehicle at the time the vehicle was cited.

The university reserves the right to remove and impound vehicles left abandoned, any vehicle without license plates, or any vehicle parked in a way that constitutes a serious hazard to vehicle or pedestrian traffic. The owner of any vehicle that is stalled or disabled on any part of the university campus must notify the LCU Public Safety office immediately.

The owners will be responsible for any fees involving the removing, impounding, and storing of their vehicles.

Parking Permits

Parking permits are required for all students parking on campus. Each permit has a color designation for parking permissions on campus. Students receive a copy of these permissions as well as an outlined map when they receive their permit. Permissions and maps may also be found on the public safety page of

A color-coded system is used for parking on campus. Please observe the following:

  • Blue Curb: Handicap Parking only (Fines of $500 are regularly issued)
  • Red Curb: Fire Zone – No parking at any time
  • Sidewalks: No parking at any time

Parking Ticket Appeal

Tickets are to be paid in the Student Business Office. If you wish to contest a ticket, you must submit an email ( to the Director of Public Safety within 5 business days of receiving the ticket. The written appeal must specify grounds that would justify consideration. General dissatisfaction with the policy or an appeal for mercy is not an appropriate basis for an appeal. Come by the Public Safety Office in the SUB, Room 206, to ask questions or obtain additional information regarding traffic and parking policies.

Prohibited Driving Areas

  • Campus service roads and sidewalks are to be utilized only by emergency and maintenance vehicles.
  • Motorcycles and motorized scooters are not to be operated on sidewalks for any reason.


Campus property cannot be used for commercial or solicitation purposes.  This includes online or traditional mail business ventures. Requests for interpretation or consideration is to be handled through Student Life.

Student Insurance

Brochures for covering personal property in apartments or residence halls are available in the Student Life Office. Brochures for student medical insurance are also available. Tuition insurance brochures are available in the Student Business Office and enrollment must be complete before the beginning of the semester.

Student Involvement

Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of social, professional, and service clubs as well as to become involved in a broad spectrum of intercollegiate and intramural sports at LCU. Visit, the Student Life Office, or email for more information.

Student Liability

Students assume full responsibility to provide their own health, accident, and life insurance. The university is not responsible for any injuries incurred by a student. The university does not assume responsibility for or insure student property that is lost, damaged, or stolen. Students are advised to lock their rooms at all times, leave valuable property at home, and not keep large amounts of cash in their rooms. Lost or stolen keys should be reported immediately to the residence hall supervisor. Students assume responsibility to insure their personal property.


Tuition Payment

Undergraduate student account balances must be settled by August 17th for fall and January 5th for spring. Graduate student account balances for Fall A and B sessions must be settled by August 17th and C sessions by October 11th. Balances for Spring A and B sessions must be settled by January 5th and C sessions by March 1st. Summer courses must be settled by the first day of class. Students should apply for financial assistance before the payment due date. Students not complying with the above policy will be denied on campus move in, receive a late fee and/or have classes removed. The university does not release student academic records if educational costs are not paid. Students will not be allowed to register for classes if there is a hold on the account.

Tuition and room and board refunds are computed on a declining scale based on when students withdraw from the university or drop a course. Fees are not refundable. Request for withdrawals or drops must be made by completing a withdrawal or drop form which is available from the registrar. Refunds or tuition and room and board will be made according to the following refund schedule. Students must pay drop/add fees when schedule changes occur.

Sixteen Week Terms

  • 1st through 5th day of term-100%
  • 6th through 10th day of term-80%
  • 11th through 15th day of term-60%
  • 16th through final day of term-0%

Eight Week Sessions

  • 1st through 3rd day of session-100%
  • 4th through 5th day of session-80%
  • 6th through 8th day of session-60%
  • 9th through final day of session-0%

Less than Eight Week Sessions

  • 1st day of session-100%
  • 2nd day of session-80%
  • 3rd day of session-60%
  • 4th through final day of session-0%

Tuition Refund Insurance- GradGuard

Tuition refund insurance is available through GradGuard to protect educational investments. The insurance refunds tuition, fees, and room and board charges up to the annual policy limit of $10,000, if the policy holder is unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. Premium payments are due to GradGuard for students who select this insurance, prior to the first day of classes. For more information, visit .

Federal Refund Formula

The federal refund formula requires federal student aid to be refunded at a pro rata basis if a complete withdrawal from the institution occurs before 60 percent of the semester has been completed. Any amounts in excess of this pro rata calculation that have already been refunded to the student are subject to immediate repayment.

For more information, please contact the Student Accounts Advisor in the Student Business Office at 806.720.7302.

Statement and Payment Options

LCU Statements

It is important to keep up with your LCU emails. LCU uses student email as its official form of communication.  

Payment Methods

Making payments online is quick and easy.

  • View Account Summary and activity data 24/7 - with real time updates, including financial aid. 
  • View available payment options - including enrolling in a payment plan or making one-time payments via the gateway.
  • E-Check - this payment option is free of charge using your bank account and routing numbers from the bottom of your check.
  • Credit or Debit cards - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted online.  Service fees may vary based on the card presented for payment.
  • International payments are accepted from
  • Ability to Share Account Access - "Manage Account Access" and share with family members.  Activation instructions will be sent to the invited participant.

*FERPA - parents must be authorized by their student in the Registrar's Office or on the Student Portal to discuss student account information.  

Login to the Student Portal in order to set up a payment plan, make a payment, or view the student account. For questions, call the Student Business Office at 806.720.7302.

Student Stipends/Refunds

The Student Business Office will process student stipends twice a week. To expedite the refund process, complete a direct deposit form on the student portal. Direct deposits will be processed by the LCU Business Office. The Student Business Office will hold all paper checks for pickup in the Student Business Office for 3 business days before they are mailed to the address on file. The student is responsible for maintaining the accurate address on file.

Billing Questions and Disputes

Students with questions or disputes concerning account balances should first contact the Student Accounts Advisor in the Student Business Office (806.720.7302). If a resolution cannot be made, students may appeal in writing to the Director of Student Accounts.

University Communication

The university provides all students an email account and all campus residents a post office box. All campus business between offices and students is transacted through the university mail system and email.

Lubbock Christian University’s official means of communication is through the LCU email account that is provided to students. All students should check their LCU email on a daily basis. Failure to do so does not nullify the information contained in the email.

All university email, file storage, and logon credentials are subject to termination after 180 days of non-enrollment. Students are encouraged to transition all necessary electronic files to a personal account.

For more information about the LCU email account, please contact the LCU ChapDesk at 806.720.7100. For information about campus post office boxes, contact the Post Office that is located on the first floor of the SUB.

Veteran's Benefits

The Registrar, located in the Administration Building, serves as the Student Veteran’s Benefit coordinator.

Work Study

Students who qualify for the Federal Work Study Program will need to market themselves in order to find a job. They must build a resume', determine available hours, dress nicely, and apply to each office on campus. A list of work study job opportunities is available online through Chaplink under Resources, Work Study. Questions or additional information about work study can be directed to Financial Assistance in the Cardwell Welcome Center.

For those who do not qualify for the Federal Work Study Program, the Career Center, located in the Cardwell Welcome Center, compiles lists of jobs available in the area. Local employment agencies are also a good resource to utilize.  In addition, there are several departments on campus that hire students who are not work study eligible (cafeteria, tutoring, etc.).