Lubbock Christian University

If you have any addition questions you can contact Sunny Park.

After you have been accepted to the university, you can apply for housing. After you have been accepted, you will fill out a housing form provided by your Admissions Counselor.

Part of the housing application includes a section on living condition preferences (i.e., time going to bed, type of music, hobbies) which is used to match students.

If you want to room with someone specific, both people must request each other on the housing form. Housing forms and Tuition Advance should be sent in for both students before July 15th to honor roommate preferences.

A large part of ResLife at LCU is building relationships within the community here. Because of this, we offer a limited number of single rooms. Most residences for new students have rooms with two people per room.

There are two summer dates that roommate assignments will be sent out. For more information, please ask your Admissions Counselor.

It is sometimes necessary to make changes to your initial assignment due primarily to people canceling. We will notify you of changes as time permits.

Because of health sanitation and safety we do not allow pets on campus.

Because nails and adhesives are destructive to the walls, we only allow 3M Command Strips to be used to hang decorations.

Freshman students are required to be in their residence hall at 1AM.

There are washing machines and dryers located in each residence hall for your convenience. They do not require payment for use.

In Johnson Hall, Katie Rogers and the Living Center, the mattresses are XL twin. In the Courtyards they are regular twins.

Each room is furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, chair, sink, and full-length mirror

*Katie Rogers shared rooms include a closet dresser. 

LCU is proud to offer Wi-Fi in all buildings on campus. The easiest way for students to get connected to these networks is to stop by the ChapDesk. ChapDesk will set up any device you have on Wi-Fi, so that you can stay connected no matter where you are.

The majority of students bring their own laptop, but you don’t have to bring your own. Katie Rogers and Johnson Hall each have computers that are available for resident’s use. In addition, you will have access to printers all over campus. Each semester you will be given $25 of printing money.

All full time, single, undergraduate students who have been out of high school less than four long semesters (two years) are required to live in campus housing. Students may submit a petition to live off campus if they either live with an adult member of their immediate family or have documented medical reasons. Although they may meet requirements to live off campus, many students continue to live on campus in order to have the full advantages of the close community that develops while living in the residence halls.

Mail is delivered to the post office located in the Mabee Student Life Building (SUB) where each student is assigned a mailbox. The following mailing address should be used:
    Jane Doe
    5601 19th Street LCU Box # (box # assigned during registration)
    Lubbock, TX 79407

Because of serious fire danger, open flames and/or warmers are not permitted (including candles, incense, lighted potpourri, candle warmers, scentsy warmers).  Therefore, we ask that you leave those items at home. However, you are welcome to use plug-in scent diffusers (such as Wallflowers, Glade Plug-Ins, or Essential Oil diffusers).  

Click here to view LCU Dining.

Residence Directors (RD's) are professionally-educated adults who live in the residence halls and provide services for leadership training, counseling, administration, and participation in the personal development of students. They are available to students for friendship, counsel, and help in all areas of college life. RD's are designated to each Residence Hall.

Resident Assistants (RA's) are upper-class students that serve as a resource and source of information for students.  RA's are chosen based on their desire to serve others and God, as well as their abilities and leadership skills.  RA's are trained to assist in establishing community, resolving conflicts, and maintaining community standards.

Depending on the urgency, please contact Department of Public Safety, the Resident Director or the Director of Residential Life.

We have a full-time physician and a registered nurse that is available to see you.  Find out more about our Medical Clinic.