The university does not offer Title IV funded certificate programs.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges or SACSCOC. Lubbock Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters level degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lubbock Christian University.
- The Lubbock Christian University Bachelor of Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education 1725 Duke Street, Suite 500, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, 703-683-8080
- The Lubbock Christian University Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326 404-975-5000
- The Lubbock Christian University teacher education programs are accredited by the Texas Education Agency Educator Certification and Standards 1701 North Congress Avenue WBT 5-100, Austin, Texas 78701
College-Level Core Competencies
Students and prospective students are encouraged to discuss their concerns with appropriate university employees and make reasonable efforts to resolve their concerns informally. Students may also initiate formal complaints using the complaint form linked below. Complaints will be processed without unlawful discrimination, and complainants will not be subject to retaliation.
- Student Complaint Procedures
- Link to University Complaint Form
- For general complaints not resolved by the University, you may contact the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board at StudentComplaints@thecb.state.tx.us or, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, College Readiness and Success Division, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788.
- For State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) related complaints about distance learning not resolved by the University, complete the Student Complaint and Release Form and email the form to Student.Complaints@thecb.state.tx.us.
- For accreditation related complaints not resolved by the University, you may contact SACSCOC.
- For teacher educator preparation complaints not resolved by the University, you may contact TEA.
- For School of Theology complaints not resolved by the University, you may contact the Association of Theological School in writing, 10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburg, PA 15275; 421-788-6505; ATS.
Disciplinary Proceeding Disclosures
Disclosures for State Authorization
Lubbock Christian University is authorized to operate as an institution of higher education in Texas.
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states that establish national standards for interstate offering of post-secondary distance education courses and programs. Lubbock Christian University is a member of SARA.
Disclosure of Requirements for Passing a Criminal Background Check
Several academic programs prepare students to seek certification or licensing. Students entering a program to prepare for licensing or certification should be aware that a licensing or certification authority may require a criminal background check, and may consider individuals with convictions or deferred adjudication for a felony or misdemeanor offense to be ineligible. Students with a concern have the right to request that the licensing authority issue a criminal history evaluation letter regarding their eligibility. For more information, consult the specific licensing or certification authority. See the University Catalog for programs that prepare students for licensing or certification.
Disclosure of Service on Lender Advisory Boards
The Financial Assistance Office at Lubbock Christian University abides by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator federal code of conduct and does not serve on lender advisory boards.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
Entrance and Exit Counseling for Student Loans
Graduation and Retention Rates
First-time full-time retention and graduation rates are provided for each beginning freshman cohort. Institutions must track enrollment and graduation for each first-time full-time freshman for six years. Only students persisting and completing a baccalaureate degree at Lubbock Christian University are counted as completions. Students that do not complete degrees at Lubbock Christian University appear to be attrition statistics, but may have completed pre-professional prerequisites or transferred to another institution to continue their education.
Missing Persons Procedures
Plans for Improvement
Resident Life Guide
Terms and Conditions for Loans
Title IX Policies and Procedures
Articulation agreements are established with South Plains College, Levelland, Texas, Odessa College, Odessa, Texas, and Covenant School of Nursing, Lubbock, Texas.