What: NCAA Division II Women’s National Basketball Championship
Who: Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaps vs. University of Alaska Anchorage Seawolves
When: Monday, April 4 at 2 p.m. CDT
Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse in downtown Indianapolis, Ind., home to the NBA Pacers and WNBA Fever
How can I watch it?
There will be a watch party on campus on April 4. Stay tuned for more details and join us to cheer on the Lady Chaps!
What if I want to go?
Click here to get details about a chartered bus trip from Lubbock to Indianapolis leaving April 2 and returning April 7.
What if I want to go on my own?
- The good news? Tickets are only $5 on presale!
- The bad news? Indianapolis is not right down the street from Lubbock. It’s about a 17-hour drive, just a bit more than 1,000 miles.
- Missouri is beautiful this time of year, but if the road to Indy is too much of a drive, there are flights available online. American and United have round-trip flights from Lubbock to Indianapolis leaving April 3 and coming back April 5 in approximately the $700-$900 range, but there are not a lot of seats left. If you are interested, book soon.
So if I’m driving or flying all that way, what else can I do in Indianapolis?
- Downtown Indianapolis is home to lots of great restaurants, including the famous St. Elmo Steakhouse, known for it’s popular – and spicy – shrimp cocktail. However, if you’re watching your pocketbook, it’s not cheap.
- Take a tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Hall of Fame Museum.
- Or, in the basketball spirit, tour the NCAA Hall of Champions.
- Go shopping at the Circle Centre Mall.
- Take a walk through the Canal and White River State Park.
- Rent a bike and see more of the city, including Indy’s cultural districts.
- Or check out some more ideas for things to do in Indy.