Functional Title: Assistant Sports Information Director
Department: Media Relations
Reports To: Associate Athletics Director for Communications
Primary Function: Serves as a departmental contact to the media for all athletic activities. Prepare and disseminates press releases, articles, videos, updates, and other communications regarding the institutional athletics program via traditional and social medica channels.
- Prepare press releases to communicate with the general public regarding news and information for assigned sports.
- Create content, post items, and monitor the social media accounts for the athletics department and assigned sports.
- Oversee the productions of game-day programs and other publications for assigned sports
- Serve as a departmental archivist with regard to statistics and relaying of statistical information to the NCAA conference for assigned sports
- Nominate student-athletes and teams for various conference and national awards
- Oversees all aspects of the Rip Griffin Center production room and the athletic department facility scoreboard/videoboards
- Works with the department’s event manager in coordinating game day scripts
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Communications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Commitment to the institution’s mission and vision
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications
- Willingness to undertake innovative approaches
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse student and staff population
- Ability to perform well under stressful conditions
- Ability to listen critically
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs and statistical programs including NCAA Live Stats and Stat Crew/Automated Scorebook.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) strongly preferred.
- Experience with Show Control Studio family of software programs used for Daktronics videoboard display.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working within a media relations/sports information office within a 4-year collegiate environment preferred
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
- Work evenings and weekends
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.