Functional Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Department: Athletic Training
Reports To: Director of Sports Medicine
Primary Function: Supervise the initial care, evaluation, prevention, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for assigned sports.
- Ensure that all student-athletes in assigned sports are covered by appropriate primary medical insurance.
- Ensure that all student-athletes in assigned sports have completed the requisite paperwork prior to participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- Assist in the team physical process in conjunction with the team doctor.
- Travel to designated events with LCU Athletics teams and when not travelling, inform home universities of athletic training needs.
- Assist in maintaining a complete and financially responsible inventory of athletic training room supplies.
- Maintain medical charts.
- Complete injury reports, treatment logs, and progress notes
- Mentor Lubbock Christian University Athletic Training students
- Maintain a clean and sanitized training room.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Commitment to the institution’s mission and vision
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications
- Willingness to undertake innovative approaches.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse student and staff population.
- Ability to perform well under stressful conditions.
- Ability to listen critically.
- BOC Athletic Trainer Certification
- Texas State License
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in athletic training or a related field
- At least one year of experience working as a Certified Athletic Trainer, preferably at the collegiate level.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail, and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
- Work evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants must complete an online application. Submit your resume`and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.